Establishments by Category
In this section you can find a List of establishments held on the Northern Ireland Food Review website, separated into Categories. Often there is not a clear boundary between what a Restaurant, Fast Food Outlet, Indian, Chinese or Pizza parlor is, therefore categories must be taken with a pinch of salt.
- Asian - Asian food is an umbrella term for the various cuisines of South Asia, East Asia and Southeast Asia and for fusion dishes based on combining them.
- Cafe - A cafe is an informal restaurant offering a range of hot meals and made-to-order sandwiches.
- Chinese - Chinese food originated from the various regions of China and has become widespread in many other parts of the world - from East Asia to North America, Australia, Western Europe and Southern Africa.
- Chip Shop - A place where one buys fish and chips. You can usually but other food items such as burgers, sausages, pasties, chicken breasts etc...
- Fast Food - Food that is prepared and served very quickly.
- Indian - The Cuisine of India is characterized by its sophisticated and subtle use of many spices and herbs.
- Italian - Restaurant featuring Italian food.
- Kebab - A dish, consisting of a skewer with small pieces of meat or seafood, together with vegetables such as onions, tomatoes, and bell peppers
- Pizza - A shop or restaurant where pizzas are made and sold is called a "pizzeria".
- Pub Grub - Typically pub food is ordered at the bar and paid for in advance.
- Restaurant - A restaurant is a retail establishment that serves prepared food to customers. This would include more traditional food outlets.
- Sandwich Bar - The layout of the sandwich bar doesn't follow any particular pattern. In many cases there aren't any tables and chairs and take-away is the only option. Outlets are usually single story. Sometimes outdoor seating is offered.
Choose a Category
Cant Find an Establishment ?
If you cant find a food establishment that you know exists, then please add it yourself using the add a new establishment section.